Monday, September 18, 2017

Signing In

Signing in to say I am still alive, but not writing this week.  Last week was very busy with guests, hiking, and way too much food.  We had a wonderful time with people we love.  This week the night time temperatures are dropping into the low 30s so that means getting caught up with laundry while I still have water to the washing machine.  I am getting all my houseplants back into the house before they freeze.  I got the garage (aka Guest Cottage) sorted out with towels and bedding put away, and made it ready for storing the outdoor furniture cushions.  It has been a great summer, but we must look forward to winter now and be prepared.  Too tired to sew!

TIP:  Don't sew when you are too tired, if you can possibly avoid it.  It is way too easy to make mistakes when your brain and body are crying for rest.

Photos are from a lovely hike...short, but steep up to tree line with our visitors.  We were lucky in missing the downpour that drenched the mountains an hour later.

Poudre Lake straddling the Continental Divide (Rocky Mountain NP).
10,758 ft. elevation.  That's where we started hiking!

This beautiful mule deer buck posed for us in the sunlight.

Lovely alpine flower called Arnica.

Sew some happy seams this week.  I wish you fatigue-free stitching and will catch up with you next week.

4 comments:

  1. Some weeks we just can't sew! Sounds like you had a great time and the pictures you shared are amazing. I love the center of that flower - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics of the deer. Yes, I am sewing some happy seams this week. http://www.jbiggsscrappieces.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are gorgeous! And I couldn't agree more -- I have made the most tragic mistakes late at night, long after I should have stopped sewing and gone to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, inspiration for when you are rested up.

    ReplyDelete

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...