Thursday, January 5, 2017

Aftermath

We spent three weeks in Seattle celebrating, visiting, eating too much and just plain having fun with family.  We always drive and weather has never slowed down DH who is a frustrated truck driver I think.  He loves the challenge, but is a careful driver.  We pushed through fog, snow, slush and ice where many cars were in ditches.  Occasionally we hit some clear road and a little sunshine.  It was tense driving in many places, but we arrived safely to discover 12 inches of snow on the drive and much more in the snow plow dump at the street.  So, in the dark, we dragged out the shovels and began moving enough to pull the truck in to the drive.  It was an exhausting arrival and I am still functioning at three quarters my normal energy level.

I have much to do before I take on the care of my daughter as she recovers from knee replacement surgery so I don't plan to do any sewing until I get some priority things accomplished:  birthday cards to make, annual letter to get out, photos uploaded with pictures to add to the letter, and on and on....  I am posting today just to keep in touch and to let you know that I have not fallen off the edge.  I am eager to get restarted on my quilt, but since there is no deadline it sits and warms the sewing machine.

On top of the the original 12 inches, we now have an additional 12 of new snow.  It is stunningly beautiful, but sooooooo cold at -5º.  Although Dixie loves the snow, she doesn't want to walk in the freezing weather.  Neither do I!

Dixie watching.
Sew a happy seam this week.  I am envious, but wish you the best.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home A-Ok. That's quite the drive! Your area sounds like ours in the south-central mountains of southern Idaho. Hoping your daughter's surgery goes well. I had a knee replacement last March. It's definitely a process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dixie doesn't look to happy about the state of affairs! As for the quilt, at least it's keeping something warm. Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your adventures! Here in Southern New Mexico, it's still sandals and jeans for me. Menopause may have something to do with that! :) I pray your daughter recovers quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw - Dixie looks so adorable. My 2 border collies don't mind the cold but my old lady, Misty who's 12, is always first back to the kitchen door to be let back into the warm! I hope we do have some snow here in the UK - today's is just drizzle but at least it's good weather for quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Bagged the Bag

My first attempt at a picnic bag was a fail.  You saw the pictures last week.  I kept revising the design.  I clipped where I shouldn't ...